TES (Tecno Extrusion System), R.A.V System & FEM (Finite Element Method)
Although in recent years the market has highlighted a more significant development mainly in those countries where sturdiness of equipment is taken in greater account with respect to other features such as energy saving, the technical department of Bongioanni Macchine has kept on working of the above mentioned key-issues, being confident and convinced that the ongoing technological progress and the R&D investment are the only possible added values that today can be applied to the clay-products manufacturing machines. In this respect, it turned out that European manufactures, who are getting ready for a market recovery, showed a positive and increasing interest towards these issues.
logo TES jpgAs a result of this effort, on occasion of the Ceramitec Exhibition, Bongioanni Macchine has been able to introduce its new T.E.S. system which has been engineered to optimize the management and control of the extrusion plant. The T.E.S. system is the integration between already previously developed systems – as for instance RAV system – and new ground-breaking solutions, such as the cement lining for the extrusion cylinder, the lining in polycarbonate material for the pressure head and the use of highly-efficient extrusion dies as for instance OMEGA and GAMMA PLUS types.
The T.E.S. system has been designed on Siemens development environment (TIA Portal V14 e S7): and it presents itself as a user-friendly, intuitive and readily-understandable touch-screen graphic interface, inspired by Industry 4.0 and characterized by groundbreaking features and functionalities.
- Automatic control and running of the extrusion plant
- Advanced Manufacturing Solutions with the shortening of Set-Up times
- Real-time adaptations of parameters for an efficient use of energy
- Interaction of human and machine to improve the control of production processes and the plant’s diagnostic
- The collection of “Big Data” alarms and data, as well as the analysis of production data can be consulted and are available on an Excel electronic sheet, with the aim of optimizing production and production processes
Rav SystemI addition to this, T.E.S. integrates the other revolutionary system patented by Bongioanni Macchine for the automatic control of auger’s rotational speed: the R.A.V. System (Speed Automatic adjustment), fitted on all Bongioanni’s extruders and allowing to monitor the filling level of the vacuum chamber.
The software of the system records any variation attributed to the maximum and minimum values and acts on the frequency inverter, thus variating the rotational speed of the auger which is kept at the optimum rotational speed without the intervention of the operator in charge.
The immediate benefits so obtained are:
- Consistent and steady feeding of clay to the extrusion die
- Better performance of the extruder
- Lengthening of extruder’s useful lifespan
- Cut of extruder’s maintenance costs
- Cut of production costs
- Reduction of potential human errors
The additional functionalities offered by this system will enable:
- The collection of data about extruder’s operating conditions
- The collection of data about de-airing mixer’s operating conditions, referred to as many parameters as possible (as for instance referred to output, consumption, processing power ….)
- Control of filling / emptying processes of extruder’s group
- Possibility to export the collection of data and alarms (Big Data) through USB and remote monitoring
- Display of working times split based on production cycle status
Finally, thanks to the FEM calculation (Finite Element Method) Bongioanni Macchine succeeded in further improving and perfecting the design and shape of the tile, in order to attain the best mechanical strength with the optimization of weight and the consequent reduction of energy required for the manufacture and transportation of the tile.
This result has been achieved thanks to an innovative software that allows to reproduce the stresses acting on the tile on the roof and to simulate the laboratory strength resistance tests that ensure the compliance with the regulations, thus replacing most of the field tests which were essential before.