Bongioanni company was founded in the far 1907 with the union between the two companies: Officine Manfredi located in Mondovì and Fonderie Bongioanni located in Fossano. Their activities united under the name of Fonderie e Officine Meccaniche Manfredi Bongioanni covered the production and marketing of foundry items, flue, machinery for the wood industry and machinery for the brick industry.
Afterwards, the Bongioanni family remained the sole owner of the company which in 1991 merged into a holding company by acquiring companies complementary to the activities carried out which included the production of heating boilers, the production of machines and complete lines for primary wood processing and the production of machines and complete plants to produce bricks. It was this company branch that in 2000, with the dismemberment of the group, passed under the control of the company Filea S.p.A. which, thanks to a policy of innovation and expansion, brings the manufacturer of machines and equipment to produce wet-formed bricks to the highest level of worldwide visibility ever achieved by a company in the sector.
OUR IMPORTANT DATES:
- Bongioanni’s first foreign contract (then FOMB) dates to 1914 when 26 goods wagons, loaded with machinery to produce bricks, left the Fossano railway station for the port of Genoa: destination Constantinople, Istanbul.
- In 1925 the first revolver presses to produce pressed tiles was produced. Over the years, this press would become the 6PV press that will revolutionize plant engineering by allowing you to automate the loading of blanks and the unloading of artifacts.
- These technological innovations find the right representation in the 13PV press, designed in the early 80s, which in its many versions has over 300 creations and leads Bongioanni to occupy market shares close to a monopoly.
- The design of the vacuum extrusion unit with degasser independent of the extruder dates to 1927; solution that allows a more correct feeding of the extrusion screw, optimizing consumption and homogeneity of the mixture. Innovation that in the years to come will be made its own and passed off as a novelty by more than one competitor.
- In 1932 the Bongioanni foundries were commissioned to rebuild the gate of the Royal Palace in Turin.